Father Len traces the history and traditions of the Church Jesus founded back 4000 years and explains the relationship between Judaism and Catholicism.
Support Wrestling with God Productions here: https://www.GiveSendGo.com/WWGProductions
Highlights, Ideas, and Wisdom
- The Catholic (Universal) Church Jesus founded is the longest running institution in human history.
- History teaches us wisdom if we are open to it and willing to learn.
- The Catholic Church is the branch of Judaism that believes that Jesus is the long-awaited Messiah.
- Jesus is the fulfillment of Judaism.
- Jesus came to reform religion and fulfill the prophecies of opening it up to the Gentiles.
- Jesus wants a church that is a family that includes everyone.
- Jesus starts an institution, a church, which “the gates of hell will not prevail against.”
- Tradition, everything Christ handed on to his apostles, is a big deal in Catholicism.
- Jesus picks 12 apostles from among his disciples to lead his church. He leaves them a structure, stories and a way of worshiping to guide them. These traditions and principles have continued unbroken for 2000 years.
- Jesus commanded the 12 leaders of his church to go out and baptize the world in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus didn’t leave anything written. He didn’t write any books.
- The Bible was written by the Church, the second-generation of disciples, as the 12 apostles began to die off. It’s written so Gentiles can understand the religion of Jesus.
We welcome your questions and comments:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text or voicemail: 208-391-3738
Links to Podcasts from Wrestling with God Productions
- Wrestling with God Show: http://WWGShow.com
- Life Lessons from Jesus and the Church He Founded: http://LifeLessonsfromJesus.org
- A Priest’s Life: https://idahovocations.com/resources/video-podcasts/