Father Len explains that God became one of us to establish a different religion because 2000 years of religion based on laws, regulations, and teachings from the prophets on how to love wasn’t working so well.
Support Wrestling with God Productions here: https://www.GiveSendGo.com/WWGProductions
Highlights, Ideas, and Wisdom
- Father Len shares a fun story about a student’s reaction to his teaching in a class on Jesus and the point of God taking on human flesh.
- Christmas celebrates the love that created the universe taking on human flesh and becoming one of us to establish a different religion to help us love like God.
- God’s standards for life and the religion of Jesus are unconditional forgiveness and sacrificial love.
- The only way for us to live God’s standards for life and love is to let Christ live in us.
- Father Len explains how “religion” kept everyone in Joseph’s hometown of Bethlehem from opening their hearts and homes to Mary and Joseph in their time of need at the birth of Jesus.
- Religion based solely on laws and regulations doesn’t create love in the world.
- In the Eucharist, Holy Communion, we feed on the love and life of Christ so that Christ’s influence and power grow in us more and more.
- Father Len tells the story of Grandmother Spider to illustrate how the light of Christ should inspire each of us to form a web of light and love over the earth to protect everyone’s life.
- Father Len explains the meaning of the symbols swaddling and army of angels present in the story of Christ’s birth.
- Father Len explains why in spite of all the prophecies about the coming of the Messiah only the humble showed up for the birth of Christ.
We welcome your questions and comments:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text or voicemail: 208-391-3738
Links to Podcasts from Wrestling with God Productions
- Wrestling with God Show: http://WWGShow.com
- Life Lessons from Jesus and the Church He Founded: http://LifeLessonsfromJesus.org
- A Priest’s Life: https://idahovocations.com/resources/video-podcasts/