Father Len unpacks three Bible stories about love and illustrates the traits God will help us develop, and we’ll surely need, if we are to love like Christ.
Highlights, Ideas, and Wisdom
- When Jesus began preaching love and pushing the boundaries of love to include loving all people unconditionally, the people didn’t like it. All they wanted to hear was God loves me and people like me.
- God tells the prophet Jeremiah, people “will fight against you” when you preach unconditional love, but I will “form you into a wall of brass, a pillar of iron, a fortified wall” so “they shall not prevail against you.”
- “If you call yourself a follower of God, you need to push yourself to try to love everyone.” – Father Len
- “Some religious people say they want to hear the word of God, but only if it agrees with everything they think and believe already.” – Father Len
- “When I die and stand before Christ, the question won’t be, does God love me? The question will be, did I love like Christ?” – Father Len
- Bible stories examined in this episode:
- Book of Jeremiah 1:4-5, 17-19
- First Letter of St. Paul to the Corinthians 12:31-13:13
- Gospel According to Luke 4:21-30
- Please prayerfully consider supporting the mission of Wrestling with God Productions by making a financial donation here: GiveSendGo.com/WWGproductions
- We welcome your questions and comments;
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text or voicemail: 208-391-3738