Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 25:41 — 23.5MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | Android | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Blubrry | Email | TuneIn | Deezer | RSS
Father Len takes a deep dive into what divides us and what unites us. He introduces us to Communio, the one thing that can unite us forever and where to find it.
Highlights, Ideas and Wisdom
- Communio is this invisible union between us and God. It’s also the thing that makes us united with each other.
- Communio celebrates the mystical communion that makes us one community.
- Father Len illustrates the effect of Communio by telling the story of a former Nazi who became friends with a former member of the French Resistance that fought against the Nazis.
- Communio is never based on externals like religion, race, politics, ideology or even superficial morality.
- Real community at its very heart is spiritual. It’s a deep belief that we’re inextricably connected to each other by something greater than us. It’s rooted in love and compassion and can never be severed, even by death.
- Facebook is a hollow substitute for real community.
- The Book of Revelation in the Bible describes Heaven as ultimate communion. Like a city where everyone is wearing a wedding dress because they’re all in love. That’s true Communio.
- We came from community, the Trinity. We are meant to live in community, the body of Christ. We end in perfect community, heaven.
- The really big issue of life is God.
- More and more people these days are sorting themselves into ideological bunkers. Nine times out of ten, the only thing these people have in common is they hate the same people.
- If Christ is Communio, Satan is the opposite. The word devil means divider. Satan is always offering us a substitute communion based on who we reject.
- Christ came to knock down the dividing walls that keep us separated.
- At the end of our life, we’ll be judged on what we did to others and what we did for others. How united we were with other people. In the final judgment we’ll be judged on how strong our community was.
- Perfect worship is done together because it’s in a community where our egos are always challenged. Community challenges us to be more loving.
- Ego keeps us separated from each other and from our true selves.
- The Bible tells us God will destroy our enemies because God will form us into a community of brothers and sisters.
- Religion is supposed to be about community, but often times, people confuse conformity with community. The opposite of community is social conforming. There’s a difference between belonging and fitting in. Conformity is just the appearance of community. In conformity, there’s no communion. You just have to act and dress in a way that’s pleasing to the group.
- Our deepest need is to be in community and be loved.
- In the Bible, God is always working to save a community, not just an individual.
- The book of Proverbs says, in a community we’ll develop new eyes. We’ll see the world differently by living in a community.
- The Catholic Church celebrates Communio.
- The lifeblood of Wrestling with God Productions comes from generous donors who support our mission. If you’ve benefited from one of our podcasts, please consider making a financial donation here: https://www.GiveSendGo.com/WWGProductions
- We welcome your questions and comments;
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text or voicemail: 208-391-3738