Father Len explores Christ’s teachings on fear and how it controls all of us in not such good ways without us even knowing it.
Support Wrestling with God Productions here: https://www.GiveSendGo.com/WWGProductions
Highlights, Ideas, and Wisdom
- Fear and anger are identical cousins.
- We don’t always recognize when we’re being controlled by fear.
- Martin Luther King trained his followers in the civil rights movement to pray, pray, and pray and never react with fear or anger no matter what opponents would say to them.
- Jesus taught his apostles to have no secrets and not to be controlled by fear.
- “Do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.” – Matthew 10:28
- “If we’re going to be a church that helps change the world, we can’t be controlled by fear of rejection, suffering, gossip, criticism, and standing up for our convictions.” – Father Len
- If we want love to control us, we first must deal with our fears.
- The phrase, “do not be afraid,” appears 365 times in the Bible.
- In God, there is only truth. There’s nothing hidden that won’t be revealed.
- Jesus cautions us not to lose our souls for fear of pain, rejection, or standing up for truth.
- We can’t be authentic, honest, or loving with each other unless we can conquer our fears.
- Heaven is a place of pure light where there are no secrets. Everything will be revealed. So, why not live courageously in truth now.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal to you how you are being controlled by fear.
- Litany of Humility Prayer: https://tinyurl.com/mts3da2v
We welcome your questions and comments:
- Email: email@example.com
- Text or voicemail: 208-391-3738
Links to More Podcasts from Wrestling with God Productions
- Wrestling with God Show: http://WWGShow.com
- A Priest’s Life: https://idahovocations.com/resources/video-podcasts/